Wednesday 18 July 2012

Day 32 : Evil Influence


Two friends decide to join EVE to see what the fuss (or 31 days blogging) is about. I've just started chatting to one when the other logs in. G and Mince are old pals from Warcraft. It has yet to be seen whether they stick. One suddenly has loads of time on his hands and the other is on a mission to play every MMO under the sun.

 At the time they logged on I was faffing around planning ship construction. I no longer think the destroyer is going to be a valid PVP ship in any way, shape or form but I love flying the damn things. They'll be useful in future when I start running missions for reputation to get Research projects started. I think. My reading hasn't taken me much beyond figuring out I need to run missions and I have my own projects on the go.

 The arrival of my friends and the realisation about the destroyer in PVP prompts me to buy a blueprint for the Gallente combat frigate, the Incursus. With a bit of mining I should be able to produce them not only for myself but gift my pals a little run around combat ship. I need to get to a 'roid belt but it's been a long long day. I've also spent up today buying stuff all over the place so I need to make some money. At least I've done some reading on trading and hauling and I think I have a plan to do some of that. I can autopilot my initial loads - they won't be worth suicide ganking. If I do get ganked, then that was going to happen anyway. I don't know why but I find trading morally superior to AFK mining which I've swore not to do again.



 The Catalyst. The destroyer class ship model I love. I feel like I'm flying a WWII bomber. Technically an anti frigate platform, but in my case a loot pinata for low sec PVPers. I'll get over that one day. I will. Honest. One of these days I'll be able to fit out these with Tier 2 guns and go through frigate flying PVPers faster than bad fruit through a short grandmother.

 Till then - the rocks beckon. A man has to make collateral, especially if he is spending it as soon as he gets his hands on it.

EVE Track of the Day

Black Hole Sun - Soundgarden

2 comments:

  1. Since their improvement earlier this year, destroyers are very much viable PvP ships - in the right circumstances. And that reservation applies to pretty much all PvP ships.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all: Great blog. I've enjoyed reading it so far.

    Next, I'm a corpmate of Captain John Crichton. I've been doing PvP for a little over a month now and I'm loving it so far. I too fly an Incursus and it's a great ship. If you have any questions feel free to hit me up in EvE- My name is Lucas Padecain. I have some fits I'll link you and stuff.

    keep it up and fly dangerous

    ReplyDelete